These are programs and services that give young children birth to five the best start in life, support families, and elevate the quality of North Carolina’s early childhood care and education system. These programs may:
- Provide early learning opportunities to help children succeed in school and in life.
- Make sure children have well-child doctor visits and screenings to ensure healthy growth and development.
- Help parents find and afford high quality child care.
- Promote nutrition and physical activity in child care to prevent obesity.
- Strengthen families through parent support and parent education programs.
- Improve the quality of child care through professional development and technical assistance for child care providers.