- In North Carolina, the child care industry generated $1.77 billion annually and provides more than 47,000 jobs.
- It benefits all industries in the state by enabling parents to work productively outside the home.
- For every new dollar invested in early childhood education, the average economic benefit is almost $2.
- For every new job created in early childhood education, the average economic impact is 1.5 jobs.
- Unscheduled absences at the workplace cost small businesses an average of $60,000 annually and large companies an average of $3.6 million. Nearly 25 percent of the unscheduled absences are due to family issues, including child care needs.